The main objective of the scientific work of the Institute is to promote development of the educational process, scientific and research activity, i.e.:
– research orientation on the development of the subjects content and ensuring scientific advance of economic specialities;
– scientific developments focus on solving the most urgent issues of economic thought;
– constant improvement of the intellectual capital of the educational institution and formation of the intellectual elite in the field of Economics;
– development of various forms of scientific cooperation with enterprises, organizations and institutions for solving complex scientific problems as well as scientific achievements and developments implementation;
– involvement of the leading scholars and researchers as well as employees from different academic institutions and organizations including international ones in the training and educational process;
– organization of scientific seminars, conferences, competitions, contests, researches, course papers and diploma theses;
– further development of the students’ scientific and research work with the help of Students Scientific Society, doctoral students and young scientists as well as Institute scientific clubs.
The results of scientific activities include:
– conducting fundamental and applied researches ordered by the National Bank and leading Ukrainian enterprises and organizations that promote creation of the national economy innovative restructuring and strengthening model;
– a number of the Institute researchers’ inventions received full recognition and are granted 15 author’s certificates and patents;
– Institute scholars annually publish more than 400 scientific developments (monographs, textbooks, manuals, articles, etc.) in the leading Ukrainian and world printed and electronic journals, as well as in periodicals listed in the international scientometric databases;
– Leading scientists have relevant profiles in the international system of scientists identification;
– international conferences, Ukrainian competitions and contests regularly take place on the basis of the Institute.
The following events are traditionally held:
– International Scientific and Practical Conference “Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice”;
– International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference “Information and economic security” (INFECO);
– International Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists ” Researches of youth devoted to the problems of European integration “;
– contest of scientific works in the speciality “Banking”;
– All-Ukrainian contest in banking.
The Institute issues professional edition – the collection of scientific works “Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice”, which is presented in the international information and scientometric databases: Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory (USA); Index Copernicus (Poland); CiteFactor Academic Scientific Journals (USA); International search system Google Scholar; ResearchBib (Japan); Universal Imfact Factor (Australia); Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI); The National Ukrainian Library named after V.I. Vernadskii; The nationwide reference database “Ukrainika naukova”; Ukrainian reference journal “Dzherelo”.
The significant results of the lecturers’ scientific activity are proved by their numerical achievements: three times young scientists of the Institute became winners of the Annual Regional Competition on receiving the Kharkiv Regional State Administration scholarships named after. M.I. Tugan-Baranovskii in the category “Economics” and the competition “Higher School of the Kharkiv region – the best names”